The Para-Badminton Commission provides expert technical advice to the Para-Badminton Committee.
The Commission focuses on rules and regulations, medical and classification and procedures around para-badminton tournaments.
The Commission members are appointed by the BWF Council. Commission members have expertise in key areas of para-badminton including:
- Technical – rules and regulations
- Medical and Classifications
- Events and Competitions
- Administration of para-badminton
The work of the Commission is guided by its Terms of Reference which is approved by Council.
- Paul Kurzo – Chair – BWF Vice President Para-Badminton
- Wayne Somers – Deputy Chair
- Dr Silvia Albrecht – Head of Classification
- Dr Shamsul Azhar Shah - Senior Classifier
- Guenter Kluetzke - Technical
- Torsten Berg - Technical
- Lyndon Williams - Para-Badminton Development
- Richard Perot - Para-Badminton Athletes' Commission Chair
- Yau Tiam Ann - Para-Badminton Athletes' Commission
- Stuart Borrie - BWF Director of Operations
- Andy Hines-Randle - BWF Para-Badminton & Integrity Unit Manager