The Para-badminton Commission provides expert technical advice to the Para-badminton Committee.
The Commission focuses on rules and regulations, medical and classification and procedures around para-badminton tournaments.
The Commission members are appointed by the BWF Council. Commission members have expertise in key areas of para-badminton including:
- Technical – rules and regulations
- Medical and Classifications
- Events and Competitions
- Administration of para-badminton
The work of the Commission is guided by its Terms of Reference which is approved by Council.
- Paul Kurzo – Chair – BWF Vice President Para-badminton
- Torsten Berg – Deputy Chair – Vice President
- Guenter Kluetzke –Technical
- Dr Silvia Albrecht – Head of Classification
- Dr Shamsul Azhar Shah - Senior Classifier
- Dr Jim Mackay – Medical
- Darren Parks - BWF Events Director
- Lyndon Williams - Para-badminton Development
- Eyal Bechar – Para-Badminton Players Representative
- Lawrence Chew – BWF Council Member
- Stuart Borrie - BWF Director of Operations