Player Career & Entourage
Players are central to the development, promotion and performance in badminton. They are the main ‘actors’ on the ‘field of play’.
Top players start their playing careers early and very often, their playing career at the top level is relatively short. Players need to build skills and knowledge not only for their playing careers but also to prepare them for a life beyond badminton. The BWF also sees the importance of those who influence players the most – the players’ entourage.
The relationship and interaction between players, coaches, managers, sponsors and all other stakeholders that support players is critical. Entourage members play an important role in enhancing the players development and entourage members are central to a players performance.
The BWF Player Career and Entourage Policy focuses on the player and their career beyond badminton and on those who influence players in their development - members of the player entourage.
BWF’s Player Career and Entourage Policy is based on the following principles.
- Players as the central ‘actor’ in a performance system
- Holistic approach to player training, education and development (360 degrees)
- Life long learning for players
- Ethics and ethical behavior - special focus on anti-doping and anti-betting areas.
- Healthy and optimal conditions for player development
- The players entourage – coaches, managers etc play a central role in influencing the development of players.