On 30 December, the BWF announced the process for the election of three (3) members of the BWF Athletes’ Commission.
The elections will be held at two international events on the following days:
- 26 and 27 February 2013 - YONEX German Open 2013
- 5 and 6 March 2013 – YONEX All England Open Badminton Championships
Nominations closed on 5 February 2013. Nominations were received for the following players (in alphabetical order):
1. Cai Yun (CHN) - profile
2. Greysia Polii (INA) - profile
3. Hans-Kristian Vittinghus (DEN) - profile
4. Imogen Bankier (SCO) - profile
5. Koo Kien Keat (MAS) - profile
6. Kaveh Mehrabi (IRI) - profile
7. Wang Xin (CHN) - profile
8. Yuhan Tan (BEL) - profile
The three positions will be decided in the 4 days of voting.
The positions will go to:
1) the male with the highest number of votes
2) the female with the highest number of votes
3) the next person with the next highest number of votes (male or female).
View the voting procedures for the elections (linked here).
Player profiles can be viewed on the BWF website – (linked here)