Para-Badminton World Championships
The BWF Para-Badminton World Championships is hosted every two years (on odd numbered years), with the last edition of the Championships taking place in Germany 2013. The Championships determine who are the World Champions in each of the Sport Classes / Events on the programme.
The BWF Para-Badminton World Championships is an individual competition and each Member Association or organisation recognised by the BWF, is invited to enter players into the Championships.
The 2015 Para-Badminton World Championships will be held in Stoke Mandeville, 8 - 13th September 2015.
This is the fourth time the BWF Para-Badminton World Championships are being held in Europe. Previously, the Championships were held in Spain in 2001, Wales in 2003, and Germany in 2013.
- Host Organisations - Reha-und Behindertensport-Gemeinschaft Dortmund 51 e.V.
- Host City - Stoke Mandeville, England
- Competition Dates - 8 - 13 September 2015
- DRAWS (coming soon)
- WINNERS (coming soon)
- Classification Workshop - 07 - 08 September 2015
- Technical Workshop - 06 - 09 September 2015
- Tournament Organiser Workshop - 08 November 2013
- BWF Para-Badminton Athletes Commission Elections - 08 November 2013
Please note - it is recommended that you aim to arrive in Stoke, Mandeville by noon on Sunday 06 September 2015 to ensure that you are free to attend all of the required registrations and meetings.
ALL PLAYERS listed on this document (linked here) will be required to attend classification on Tuesday 08 September 2015.
To be eligible for classification, you must ensure that you attend the following meetings on Monday 07 September 2015:
- Registration for Classification - 18:00 to 19:30 in Meeting Room 1 at the Playing Venue
- Team Managers Meeting for Classification - 21:00 to 22:00 at Best Western Hotel
If you need to be classified, please ensure that you arrive at Meeting Room 1 at the Playing Venue in good time for Player Classification Registration. If you miss this registration meeting you will not be able to participate in the tournment.
Downloads - NOW AVAILABLE
- 20 September 2015 - Entry Closing Date - NO ENTRIES WILL BE CONSIDERED AFTER THIS DATE - LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- 20 September 2015 - Visa Application Letter Request Deadline