Every athlete has the right to compete in a doping-free sports environment. The BWF anti-doping programme is about promoting a healthy and fair approach to training and competition.
Players (para-badminton / badminton) are at the heart of the game – they have a responsibility to know their obligations under the BWF Anti-doping Regulations. They are ultimately responsible.
Testing can take place at any international competition sanctioned by the BWF.
The BWF website under the anti-doping section, gives comprehensive information for players, coaches, administrators and Member Associations. Information is available on the following:
- World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA)
- Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) - General Information
- Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) - Questions and Answers
- Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) - Form to Complete
- Prohibited List
Para-Badminton Registered Testing Pool - Whereabouts Information
The BWF conducts both "in-competition" and "out of competition" testing of players. The BWF has a Registered Testing Pool (RTP) for the purposes of testing players "out-of-competition". The RTP is a list of players - both men and women from a range of Sport Classes - who meet one or more of the criteria below.
Each person on this list imust provide "Whereabouts information" for each day of the year. This information must be provided through WADA's online ADAMS system.
1. Whereabouts information - Questions & Answers - ADAMS
2. Whereabouts informaton for players
3. List of Players in Registered Testing Pool (RTP) - Para-Badminton Players - the BWF RTP is linked here
4. Manual submission - Only use this form if unable to complete your updated information on ADAMS - Location Form
5. Criteria for inclusion in the BWF Registered Testing Pool (RTP)
a) Top in the BWF Para-Badminton World Ranking
b) Medaled at the most recent Para-Badminton World Championships
c) Any player coming back from retirement / period of ineligibility that BWF wishes to include on the list
d) Other players the BWF determines that should go on the para-badminton RTP